Sunday, May 3, 2015

A-Lin's Future rounds suggestions

For now here's a small suggestive gaming list for the next round.
  1. Beyond the Ice Palace (Atari ST). I used to play this game as a kid but I never managed to finish it. Now would be my chance!
  2. Black Tiger (MAME). Same thing, I used the play the Atari ST version, the graphics where almost as good as the Arcade version but it was incredibly slower and I suspect less playable.
  3. Builderland (Amiga). I used to play the Atari ST version, but the Amiga version has a better music. You've got build the land so the character can keep walking.
  4. Doki Doki Penguin Land (MAME). I've stumbled on that one a few months ago and I thought I like it. You've got to move this big egg without breaking it throughout the levels. Could be fun.
  5. Fire and Brimstone (Atari ST). One of my favorite Atari ST game. Very challenging and addictive (and gorgeous for the time). Each screen represents a challenge requiring both control and problem solving skills.
     
  6. Ikari Warriors (MAME). One of the first decoupled walking/aiming multi-directional shooter. I used to play the Amdstrad and then Atari ST versions where walking was coupled with aiming. Given how I enjoyed Caliber 50, I'm thinking it would be cool to revisit that one with the same walking/aiming decoupling mechanics.
  7. Strider (MAME). I used to play the Amdstrad and Atari ST versions but the Arcade version is sooo much better. I found it really tough, never managed to get beyond stage 2. I'm curious to see if I could do better now.
  8. The Killing Game Show (Atari ST). I just like the atmosphere of this one. I played it a bit but it was probably too tough. It's kind of a shooter where you've got to progress rapidly enough not to get drown.
  9. Wizball (C64). One of my first Atari ST game, a bi-directional non-hectic shooter. I used to play that game with a good friend, we never got really far (I don't think we ever passed the first level ;-). The C64 version is considered superior (better playability I think).

    That's it for now!

3 comments:

  1. Dude!!! I didn't realize you made a post until just now! I need to change my notification settings or something. About to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some great choices! I've heard of some of them but not all.

    Fire and Brimstone! Never heard of it. love the pixel art. It looks challenging from the youtube video I saw, but I would definitely like to try it.

    That's my pick for the next round. You pick one of mine and we'll get started when you're ready. I'm about to put up the post mortem for Caliber 50 and then I'll do Saboten a little later.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fire and Brimstone, excellent choice!

    My pick is gonna be Misadventures of Flink for Sega CD.

    This round is all gonna be about gorgeous art work. :-)

    ReplyDelete